Sunday, June 1, 2014

Youtube Block in Turkey- Amanda Maceda

Earlier this year, Turkey banned both Twitter and YouTube because official reports and meetings were leaked, causing political controversy. One was about a possible intervention in Syria and the other about corruption. The ban on Twitter was lifted last month, but YouTube is still under. Some people say this is for "precautionary administrative measures", while others are enraged. There is hope that the ban will be lifted, though. Turkey's court has claimed this block violates the citizen's freedom of expression. Source:http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-27623640
               I can't believe they blocked YouTube! Twitter, yes, I can believe that, since its only a social networking site, but YouTube is for videos, music, news, and so much more. This seems horrible in my opinion, because I go on YouTube everyday. Its probably the site I visit most often. I really hope they lift this ban, for it seems ridiculous that they blocked it in the first place. What do you guys think, and how much time do you spend on these sites?

No comments:

Post a Comment