Thursday, August 29, 2013

Fast food strikes in the US by Julia Woltjen

   By: Julia Woltjen
   Today, Thursday August 29, was said to have been the largest fast food chain strike in history. Strikes are happening in dozens of cities including Boston, Memphis, Chicago, and even Houston. The workers for this mega enterprise are striking for higher hourly wages. Because the average fast food employee earns only $9.00/ hour that's barely enough to live off of!
    ANALYZE: I think that what these workers are doing is good, because if you think that something isn't right than, you should do everything in your power to try and fix it. But I think that if I was one of those workers, I would just quit and go out for a better job. But for some people that isn't easy so this is what they have to do. I hope it works!

SOURCE: 
http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/29/news/fast-food-strikes/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you, because I firmly believe that people should always do what they think is right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree with you! I would at least try to quit my job and find a new one.

    ReplyDelete