Saturday, March 28, 2015

I Belive I Can Fly- Makenzye Prince

                  Germanwings co-pilot Andreas Lubitz was hiding an illness from his employers and co employees. Lubitz had been told he was "unfit to work" by a doctor, according to German authorities investigating what could have prompted the seemingly competent and stable pilot to steer his jetliner into a French mountain. Investigators found a letter in the waste bin of his Dusseldorf, Germany, apartment saying that Lubitz, 27, wasn't fit to do his job, city prosecutor Christoph Kumpa said Friday. The note, Kumpa said, had been "slashed." Investigators found "ripped, recent medical leave notes, including for the day of the offense, which proves that the deceased kept his illness secret from his employer and his professional environment," prosecutors said.

              Honestly this story saddens me. I belive that the pilot was wrong for flying knowing he wastn suppose to. However, I feel as if the pilot had a love for what he did and didnt want to come to terms with his condition. I hope that the employers take this situation into consideration for other employees and do health tests for others. 

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/27/europe/france-germanwings-plane-crash-main/index.html
       

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, I feel sorry for the pilot because he probably just loved his job and didn't want to accept that he couldn't do it anymore. On the other hand he really should have taken the other passengers into consideration.

    ReplyDelete