Sunday, March 15, 2015

white and gold / blue and black dress by Victoria Biro*

http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/the-science-behind-the-black-and-blue--or-white-and-gold--dress-405695555960

The trending dress has been proven to be originally blue and black.  Studies show that there is a difference in everybody's retinas or a nerve in the back of our eyes that makes everybody see a different color.  There has also been an explanation that says the light waves travel differently through everybody's eyes.  Many people even say that it depends on the brightness of your phone.

Personally I see black and blue, and it drives me crazy that I cant see white and gold in any way.  Even when my brightness is changed, it looks the same to me.  What i don't understand though, is if it has to do with our eyes, then why doesn't everybody see everything else as different colors?  Why is it just this dress that we see differently - shouldn't some people see the sky as white then?

1 comment:

  1. That's weird! Maybe the conditions just weren't right for you to be able to see white and cold too, even though the lighting changed? I've seen it as both but I see white and gold more often. It's cool and kind of funny how fast the dress spread all over social media because of the interest taken in what color it really was

    ReplyDelete