Monday, January 16, 2017

Bye Bye Internet, Aeva Ramirez1

LogRythem, headquartered in BOULDER, colo. which is a company that helps companies protect themselves from cyber threats, has predicted that the internet will shut down for 24 hours as well as part of the grid in 2017. There were attacks that brought down Amazon, Twitter, and Netflix in 2016 that are predicted to have been warm ups.We’ll see a rise in attacks on fundamental protocols of internet communications…" says LogRythem. Once the grid is shut down hackers will target and silence media stations and then manipulate social media to attack people personally.

Well when I first saw the title I thought "Oh great what about my homework" because I have a couple of classes that rely on the internet but as I continued to read I thought the article was a bit fishy. It bothered me how precise LogRythem's predictions were as if that's how they would do it themselves. What if the hackers already have control of the media and are even now slowly and in small amounts affecting what we think is real. However its their job to be precise so I tried to not make everything a conspiracy theory as I read. I also wonder if they know who the hackers were in 2016. If this does happen I hope that the hackers realize that they are dealing with peoples lives. I know that people can forget about the things that don't directly effect them in pursuit of a goal.  


http://www.offthegridnews.com/current-events/the-entire-internet-will-shut-down-for-24-hours-in-2017-major-company-predicts/

1 comment:

  1. the internet isnt all bad its the people who make it bad. i dont think the internet will ever go down but i may be wrong.

    ReplyDelete