Monday, January 30, 2017

Gateway for Boyscouts by Alex Travell

www.cnn.com/2017/01/30/us/boy-scouts-transgender-membership/index.html


Recently, the BSA, or Boy Scouts of America said they will be accepting transgenders(etc.) after an eight year old in New Jersey accused them of expelling him for being transgender.  The BSA is walking away from relying on the boys' birth certificates. They will now be asking for their gender. The boy scouts aren't the only organization doing this. The girl scouts are, too.

I personally am a boy scout, and I really like this new change. Scouts has definitely changed my life for the better, and I think everyone should be able to experience it... no matter what gender.
There are countless things that you can learn in scouts that you can't learn anywhere else. I truly believe this is a huge step forward for the BSA.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that it doesn't matter what gender you are. If you want to experience something like this, nobody should be holding you back. I think they should be accepting anybody who wants to do this. Don't restrict someone because of their gender, if their transgender or their social orientation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this new change! Everyone deserves this experience and im excited to see what this brings!

    ReplyDelete