Monday, January 16, 2017

Kyrgyzstan Plane Crash | Mica Stout

        Just before 4:30 am this morning in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, a plane missed the run way and crashed into a neighborhood in Dacha Su. The plane destroyed many homes and killed 37 people while many were left wounded. In that neighborhood, one boy who was in 3rd grade came home to find his whole family killed from the crash. The pilot said the cause of the crash was because of dense fog in the air. Unfortunately the  captain died in the crash.
        It's really unfortunate that the plane crashed and killed all those people and especially that little boy's family. Plane crashes are devastating. Back in 2001 everyone knows that 9/11 was a terrible day for everyone, and so many people weren't expecting to die. I know this event wasn't half as bad as that, but it reminded me of it and the dangers of airplanes.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/cargo-plane-crashes-kyrgyzstan-killing-37/story?id=44800106

5 comments:

  1. With technology always comes risks. I am so sad that this crash occurred and i hope they will be able to learn from this to help people in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awful news. I hope that the people that help guide the planes to flight and landing improve their way of ensuring safety. It is sad how these kinds of these can happen and I wish this had never happened.
    I feel bad for that little boy who's whole family got killed. That can be hard to take in for someone so young. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a little confused, you said that the pilot said the cause of the crash was dense fog, but you also stated that the captain died in the crash. Are the pilot and the captain two different people? I looked it up and it said a pilot is considered a captain. I hope technology improves and we develop something to avoid plane crashes like this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not 100% sure what the difference is or if they're the same thing, but I know that there is always 2-3 people flying the plane.

      Delete
  4. I hope they get that fixed with all the technology . Be careful on the plane .

    ReplyDelete