Monday, January 23, 2017

Janette Davalos

Analysis: Well to start off, I'm not too fond of Trump. Not many people I know are. Although, he is now addressing one of the longest debates that have been going on for years, Abortion. I don't really have a strong opinion on the subject because people can be rude and head strong if you even mention the subject. Moreover, both sides make very good points, I could never choose one side to agree with.

Summary: On January 23 Trump signed an executive order that banned federal money going into groups that performed abortion. According to BBC he wants to "stand up for all Americans even the unborn."  The policy was known as the "Mexico City Policy." This is not the first time it has been put down, it was also signed by Ronald Raegan but later then overruled by Clintons policy.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38724063

2 comments:

  1. I know this has been a topic debated upon for a long time and i don't want to rise any arguments. However, it just doesn't seem right that the president should decide what he wants to do about abortion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. The president isn't a woman so how can he relate to such a hard topic? I don't think he should be making a decision for all the women across the US.

    ReplyDelete