Sunday, January 22, 2017

Deadly Storms in Georgia - Lauren Rothert

A deadly storm has swept through Georgia and taken 16 lives and leaving many injured. Sources say these storms have devastated communities and homes. There is an issued alert for high risk thunderstorms and strong tornadoes, this is the first high risk alert Georgia has received since 2014. Many other states in the Southeast have been issued precautionary warnings such as Alabama and Florida. Victims have described the tornadoes as strong and powerful, people have been thrown from their homes, and there has been a lot of damage. Mississippi has also been hit with a tornado, winds there reached up to 165 miles per hour. Four people have been pronounced dead with another 20 injured in Mississippi. Georgia has been declared a state of emergency.

I am glad that many states have been warned about the severe weather ahead of time. I am praying for all of the people impacted, and I hope the damage is manageable. I wish there was a better way to prepare for such strong tornadoes, maybe then we would not have to deal with so many deaths and large amounts of damage.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/22/us/georgia-storms-fatalities/index.html

7 comments:

  1. awe man i hope everyone ends up okay, i also wonder if these tornadoes and storms are coming from the global climate change or just mere coincidence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a lot about Florida and Louisiana storms but I've never heard of one as big or deadly happening in Mississippi before. I hope the storms ends there and that the people are able to recover. My heart goes out to the people injured and those who have lost their loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sad that there's nothing we can do to prevent deaths caused by natural disasters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. I hope the bad weather doesn't cause anymore damage or injuries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's sad to think such bad things can happen from such a beautiful world we have. I hope things such as hear won't happen so often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natural disasters is a problem that our world has always had and will always have but I'm happy that we are working on technology to fix this and hopefully we will eventually have the protection we need from them to not have to suffer through these casualties.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natural Disasters are nothing to play with . I freak out everytime they come here.Just hope their ok and getting all the protection they need.

    ReplyDelete