Sunday, August 28, 2016

I ISIS Dying Off? by Alex Travell

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/27/middleeast/isis-boy-killings/index.html

In this video, a reporter explains how forces North of Mosul are moving forward towards Mosul. While they advance, they are discovering ISIS' homemade mortars, tunnels, and they are learning some of ISIS' tactics. Later on in the video, it is explained to us that ISIS may be running out of tactics, resources, and people. ISIS has switched to local people instead of foreigners, and they seem to be fleeing more than usual. Why do you think this is?


I personally believe it is a good thing that ISIS is beginning to die off, but it also seems peculiar. I say this, for ISIS could be planning something big, and we wouldn't know. They just can't be trusted after the past events that have occurred.

5 comments:

  1. I hope ISIS is actually dying off because they have committed so many horrible acts of terrorism, but I agree in the sense we shouldn't just assume that they are because you never know what they could have planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your summary brings an interesting topic with good points. It is difficult to fully comprehend what this group has in store, especially after their previously occurring events.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fully I agree on your opinion, there has been a lot of negativity coming from ISIS and hopefully they do run out of tactics. Although, we can never be too sure so we should plan something big just as you said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your last thought. I think they are laying low for a while, then will attack. I think they should be stopped, of course, but first we need to figure their plan and find out if they have any more attacks planned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think our government should work more thoroughly and try to figure out their plan before taking any action. ISIS leaders have shown that their crimes are very thought out and planned strategicly. The best way to defeat ISIS is to be as thorough as them.

    ReplyDelete