Sunday, August 28, 2016

Janette Davalos ( The Louisiana Flood )

Link: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/28/rain-and-rushing-water-drench-heartland-force-flash-flood-emergency.html

Analysis: One thing I did know about the Louisiana flood is that 13 people died of a flood, I didn't get that specific on it considering I didn't even know where this happened. Then I came across an article made by the LSU Ag Center last week on August 28, 2016. Out of all the articles I had to choose from this one really caught my eye. I may not know much about it, but to the extent of my knowledge after reading the article, I found out that people to this day are still homeless because of the flood. I am glad to clearly understand, after reading this, how tragic this event truly was. Moreover, I believe this article was written to the federal government because many of the victims and community groups think that the government isn't paying attention to this tragedy like they should be. This article was important because lots of people are starving from the consequences, and some don't even have shelter. In my opinion, this article is pretty negative but is getting better as more helpful communities and charities are donating to fix the disaster.

Summary: The Lousiana Flood is the worst flood since Hurricane Sandy, with over a deadly amount of 2 feet of rain in over 48 hours. Unfortunately, atleast 13 people have passed during the catastrophe. Additionally, over 110 million dollars worth in agriculture was destroyed. Although, there has been lots of community support and donations lately, community support mainly coming from church groups and the Red Cross, providing food and shelter. They haven't fully recovered from the disaster, but they are slowly progressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment