Saturday, April 29, 2017

Melanie Escalante- Bullying teachers

At Washington elementary school, a young girl was bullied by her classmates and her teachers. In this case, the teachers were the bullies and encouraged other students to do the same. The first teacher, Ann Marie Shelvin threatened to fail the other students if they didn't fight her (which they did because they were scared)  and proceeded by telling the 11 year old girl to kill herself. After the mother complained to the officials, the teacher was removed. However, the replacement teacher was also a bully. Tracy Gallow was mean to the girl because she had "snitched"  on the previous teacher. Tracy Gallow was caught on camera pushing the innocent girl onto the bleachers. The school district will be performing further investigation to prevent more situations like this.


I personally don't understand why someone would want to target a young girl and manipulate others to help her. I also I don't understand how she got away with it for so long. This was more than teasing and name calling, it was much more dangerous for an elementary schooler. I hope no one else has to deal with this cruel treatment. I wonder why an adult would have a reason to treat someone so young so wrong, it doesn't make sense to me. I hope the school can make things right and I hope this girl can recover from the bullying. http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/28/us/teachers-bullied-girl-trnd/index.html

3 comments:

  1. I for one HATE bullying. It's so cruel to see that an adult is bullying and 11 year old girl, and blackmails students to do the same. What's their reason for picking on her???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is absolutely crazy that a teacher initiated this! Teachers are supposed to be there and provide support for their students, not bully their students and encourage others to do the same. I hope the school district comes up with a way to avoid this from happening in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, teachers are supposed to be there and support you, not bully you. It is horrible that people would go so low just to hurt someone especially in this case an adult trying to hurt a little girl.

    ReplyDelete