Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Kate Boyer-Car Bombing Near the Afghan Capital

At approximately 8:30 a.m. in Kabul, Afghanistan, a car bomb was set off. Killing around 80 people and injuring more than 350, the casualties are still being counted. The target is undetermined and at this point, no group as stepped up to the plate to accept responsibility for the attack. The detonation of the bomb happened by Zanbaq Square. Details are still being worked out. 
I turned on my phone this morning and saw my little NPR notification that told me something had happened. I listened to the recording of the news on my way to school and it shocked me. This is just another reminder about how the wars in Afghanistan are still going on. It's easy to forget that places outside our community are struggling severely. As the saying goes, "out of sight, out of mind," it's scary to think of what we don't realize is going on. 

1 comment: