Monday, September 8, 2014

Hurricane Norbert Hits Mexico by Saul Flores

http://news.msn.com/world/hurricane-drenches-mexico-prompting-evacuations

     Recently, Hurricane Norbert has struck Mexico and plans to roam northward to Mexico's Baja California peninsula. The hurricane's fierce winds and strong high surf have forced people to look for higher ground, and has already wiped out over 1,000 homes, and over 2,500 people affected have been evacuated to a safe shelter. Hurricane Norbert has created winds that have reached up to 105 mph (165 kph) and has wiped out many homes, fishing villages, resorts, and pound beaches. Although the storm has began to decline over the past few days, the damage has already been done. Flooding is still active in some parts of Baja California, Mexico. The only good news is that the storm is beginning to ease down a bit, and that the storm has degraded into a light storm that will only last till Sunday.

     I personally feel very sorry for the people that have been affected by Hurricane Norbert, especially because I come from a Mexican background. I actually experienced a hurricane in Mexico during the summer of 2010, and I know what its like to lose your home and sadly, your loved ones. It was definitely not a pleasing experience; I would not wish that for anyone, not even my worst enemy. Houses can be replaced, but memories cannot be erased, nor can they be repaired to what we would not mind remembering. My prayers go out to all the people who have experienced unfortunate tragedies in Baja California, Mexico.

2 comments:

  1. I agree I feel sorry for the people affected by hurricane Norbert I cant imagine the pain and loss they are having to experience

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that I may not understand the pain that these people are going through. It's very sad that people's lives are taken away from them by natural disaster. I actually wish I could help.

    ReplyDelete