Monday, September 15, 2014

Worlds first 3d car unveiled in Chicago by jack rogers

www.cnn.com

There was an unveiling of a 3d printed car in Chicago sep. 15 2014 and it took about 44 hours to make the car because the printer was making it out of carbon fiber material and the whole car itslef is composed of 40 different parts other than a normal car that has 20000 parts. The cars name is the strati I don't know why they named it that but it costs between 11000-18000 to buy it. It has a top speed of 40mph and it is a really good lookin car.

I think that I would love to have a car like it it is a small car but it looks nice and it doesn't have that many parts so if it would lose a part it would be easy to get it back since there's only 40 parts in the car and say I order! Hey it takes 44 to print it so I'll have it in no time. I think they'll start improving the cars and soon they'll be printing off sports cars like the cars we see today.

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing that 3d printers have changed art and the world this much so far. The Strati looks kind of cool but I'd be nervous driving it because it came from a 3d printer!! It would be even better if they could figure out a way to use another energy source besides gasoline later on in the Strati, then it'd be a more advanced change in cars, and better for the environment.

    ReplyDelete