Sunday, September 21, 2014

Vlogger Held At Gunpoint, Gets It All On Camera by Jackson Scoggins

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/17/robbery-gopro-gunpoint-video_n_5835318.html

Alex Hennessy is a Canadian man who has been traveling the world and posting it all on the internet in a series he calls "Global Degree". He was in Buenos Aries going for a bike ride through the streets when a man on a motorcycle pulls out a gun and asks him a question in a language Hennessy didn't speak. The man was demanding the backpack and his gear which was $4,000 worth of material. He wrote on Reddit "I was playing stupid gringo for sure... I knew he wanted the backpack but I figured I could talk around it. Then when he chased me down I realized that I had to give it him but it took too long and there was a lot of attention being brought to the situation" The video was given to police and the man was arrested.

This is an amazing story. The fact that such a real scary moment was captured for the world to see is so cool. If this story happened 10-20 years ago no one would have known about it. Of course it's also awesome that the guy didn't get shot or anything. I wish that recording material like this was cheaper so that everyone could get events like this on camera.  I posted the video below for those who want to watch...


1 comment:

  1. That is amazing how he was able to capture that all on tape. Thankfully he didn't get hurt. You're right, there should be some form of security like this one on a regular bases when people go out, the guilty party would always be caught on tape.

    ReplyDelete