Monday, October 13, 2014

Nurse confirmed positive Ebola in Dallas by Skiler Houston

Nina Pham had recently been confirmed positive for the spreading virus Ebola. She took the basic requirements to avoid the disease , but somehow still came in contact with it. Investigators stated that she may have caught the disease by touching a bodily fluid from taking her safety equipment off after finishing with the patient. Since Nina Pham is the first person in the United States to come in contact and receive the disease. Texas hospitals are re-thinking there protocol to keep there patients safe from also catching the disease. Investigators also stated that she could also catch the disease by helping in the emergency to save Thomas Eric Duncan (the Ebola patient). That may also lead to other nurses and doctors catching the disease.

My thoughts on this situation is that if you may have the slightest symptom of Ebola you need to see a professional and make sure that you don't have it.  You need to wash your hands regularly and always stay clean. I'm not saying wear protective gear such as a body suit or some sort just stay clean. You can never be to safe! Doctors also say to keep less contact with people who have Ebola symptoms (Flu like symptoms).

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/13/health/ebola-nurse-how-could-this-happen/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you! I think people should take the necessary precautions and stop overreacting without thinking through the panic. If you have symptoms of Ebola, and are really concerned, just go see your doctor and get checked for it. Don't try to diagnose yourself based off the symptoms on the web.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poor girl and her dog must be going through a lot right now.Not knowing if you will make it or not is terrifying. Too bad she got ebola when she was so young and had a lot to live up to. I send my wishes to her and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really a shame that this happened to someone else, especially a nurse! The problem with viruses is that you can't kill them because they're not even living! Disinfecting is impossible. And it's also amazing how even though they take such careful precautions to stay protected, the ebola virus is still highly contagious. My regards to her and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, my personal fear at the moment is nurses and hospitals. I take precautions when in public places as to try to avoid touching things, wash my hands regularly, and avoid touching my face. In general, this isn't something to be messed with, so I agree that more precautions should be taken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.ebola suit

    ReplyDelete