Friday, October 3, 2014

Once-massive lake dries up to almost nothing By: Emma Wall

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/30/world/asia/aral-sea-drying/index.html?c=world

In this article it talks about how the 4th largest lake in the world is now almost gone. The aral sea is now almost dried up. Along with the article, It also provides an interesting video representation of the event.

When I read this article I was very surprised. I feel that this is just one example of what is happening to our world. I mean this is a real eye-opener. Losing massive amounts of water is not good for our enviorment especially since we rely on water so much. How are we supposed to use water for normal activities such as drinking and washing-up if we don't even have access to any? It's definitely something to think about.



1 comment:

  1. Everywhere I've visited or lived, there has been lakes that have dried up. It really is a depressing thing. I wonder if the lakes being natural or man made affect anything.

    ReplyDelete