Sunday, May 18, 2014

BFG more like Big Freaking Great - Amanda Maceda

Dreamworks has been keeping something under wraps. 3 years ago the company bought the rights to the book The BFG- Big Friendly Giant. This book was written in 1982 by Roald Dahl, famous for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Matilda. There are rumors that the scriptwriter is the same woman who  wrote the script for E.T. Also, it is confirmed that the director is Steven Spielberg. "Production will start in 2015, and the movie is estimated to be released in 2016. "
            This sounds really really awesome. I read this book as a kid, or at least part of it, and it was rather interesting and well written. Now, since the alleged scriptwriter and director are so well known and cool, I'm really excited for this. hopefully it will be really good animation wise too. I wonder who the cast will consist  of... source- http://www.norwaypost.no/index.php/culture/29755-steven-spielberg-to-direct-norwegian-british-childrens-book

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for this! I used to love this book when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hope that they stay true to Roald Dahl and the book, not try to hype it up too much or put in really weird comedy like with many movies nowadays.

    ReplyDelete