Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Inspirational Teen Passes Away by Zoey Crummey

Steven Sutton, who was 19 years old and lived in the UK, suffered from cancer and died Wednesday. His death will devastate many people because he fought so hard and even raised over 5.4 million dollars towards charities. He was diagnosed at the age of 15, and has spread his story since then, raising money and earning the respect of others. 

I think that this is an incredible yet tragic story. The fact that instead of wasting away for four years, he raised over 5.4 million dollars is so great. There should be more people like him in this world. If there were I believe it would be a much better place. I send my thoughts and prayers out to the family of Steven. 

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/14/world/europe/uk-teenage-cancer-fundraiser/index.html?c=europe

2 comments:

  1. This really is a truly inspirational story. I would like to think that I would do the same thing as him if I were in that situation, but I can't be sure. My heart goes out to his friends and family, even though I know they're probably just happy he could make such a big difference in so many people's lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's amazing he was able to raise so much, and that his story is very inspirational. Hopefully his family are able to deal with the loss with the thought that he inspired so many others.

    ReplyDelete