Sunday, May 25, 2014

Fire in Norfolk Market Square- Amanda MAceda

Thursday in Norfolk, England, A large fire broke out in a market inside a factory shop. The cause for this fire is still unknown, but probably from a machine's malfunction. To stop the fire, crews used water from a river at the bottom of the town. For safety precautions,  nearby homes and shops were evacuated and roads were shut down. So far, none have died. "There were 'small explosions' inside the shop and another followed as the front windows blew out". source: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-norfolk-27564523
I hate it when fires break out uncontrollably without a cause. If there was a sure cause, there would be someone to blame or a way to prevent it in the future. When there is no sure fire reason, there is only fear and uncertainty for the future safety of the area. I'm happy no one has died, but I hope they eventually find a cause.

2 comments:

  1. I hope they do many safety checks to find the source of the problem. I'm also thankful that nobody has died. Hopefully this doesn't happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm relieved also that there were no deaths. I'm glad everyone was well protected from the fire and that safety precautions were successful. We've come a long way since the days of the industrial revolution.

    ReplyDelete