Friday, February 15, 2013

Dozens dead, hundreds missing in South Sudan raid By: Halle Van De Hey


In this article CNN talks about the tragic death of many people, and how many more are missing as a result of a raid in South Sudan. The civilians were murdered for no reason, while herding their livestock. The assailants are members of the Murle ethnic group, and the victims are members of the Lou Nuer group. They have both been fighting over land for livestock, and water rights. Hundreds of families are missing, and 103 bodies have been found. Since this attack the survivors have been re- living this tragedy by telling details of what happened.

         I think this is so terrible, and I cannot believe it happened. I could never imagine something like this happening where I live, and I’m so grateful it doesn’t. My heart goes out to all of the families, and other people who were affected by this tragedy. I hope they can find the missing people, and stop this ethnic group from harming any more people.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/10/world/africa/south-sudan-violence/index.html?hpt=iaf_c2

1 comment:

  1. This is so sad to hear...I cant believe things like this happen. Its horrifying..

    ReplyDelete