Monday, February 18, 2013

Protest in Bahrain by Sylvie Lednicky

In Bahrain, a police officer and a 16-year-old died when protesting on the 2-year anniversary of a failed uprising. Police are investigating as to how these people were killed. The police have advised Bahrain parents to supervise their children at all times. Unofficial reports suggest that the teen was killed by bird pellets shot by the police, but at the moment they aren't commenting. In my eyes, something is seriously wrong in this situation. I can't tell if the police are the bad guys or the good guys. I'm sorry that someone my age had to die for what they believe in. I'm glad to live under a democracy.

 http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/14/world/meast/bahrain-unrest/index.html?hpt=wo_bn8

2 comments:

  1. I am also glad we live in a democracy and I feel really bad that the poor girl had to die for what she believed in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sad for the girl that died.

    ReplyDelete