Sunday, January 26, 2014

5 Police officers killed Andrew Tunell

On Thursday in central Egypt a attacker on a motorcycle fired on a group of police officers in Central Egypt. The attacker managed to kill 5 and wound 2 more. Police are searching in the city of Bani Soueif where the attack was, which is about 75 miles south of Cairo.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/23/world/africa/egypt-violence/index.html?hpt=iaf_c2
first of all, I think this is a awful event. Even though most of the police force in Egypt is corrupted, I still think its sad that these people were killed. I was also shocked by the lack of detail given in this report. In america if a event like this happened we would have much more information about it, it seems like Egyptian news is down playing some tragic events because they have become more common.

5 comments:

  1. I disagree - usually when I look at articles about tragic and violent events like these in the States, they are also very brief. Maybe there isn't a lot of information because there are a lot of events like these all over the world (including many in the States), and since CNN is American, they don't have time to research this very heavily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too believe that is awful. These kind of people should be locked up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty messed up, but I think at a point crime like this isn't preventable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder why this person felt the need to kill 5 police officers and some other innocent people. Some people are just messed up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Paige. Some people really need to get their choices/actions together.

    ReplyDelete