Monday, January 27, 2014

Steps towards freedom! By: Madelyn Winkelman

This week in Cairo Egypt, voters went to vote on a new constitution to better their crumbling nation. 98.1% voted yes, to remove the Muslim Brotherhood from power and only 1.9% voted no, "Keep the Brotherhood!" The United States has always been there to help, but now we are intervening to help encourage the idea of a whole new constitution for the benefit of the Egyptian citizens.


I think this is wonderful news! Steps towards democracy are finally being taken! Now don't get me wrong, I really don't have anything against Muslims. But I do have issues when people are being murdered and oppressed for taking the slightest step "out of line" or merely speaking up for what they believe in. I'm glad Egypt throughout 2013/2014 has rebelled and began to make a change in their country. I can only hope this motivation spreads throughout the rest of Africa and Middle East.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/18/world/africa/egypt-constitution/index.html

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how i do love the sweet smell of rebellion. Whoever tells you not to rebel is just scaredyour gonna find out their faults.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! They're gonna be happy with their choice of rebellion, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great news! I'm glad these people are finally seeing a bright future in front of them, and it's also really good that the majority is such a big number so the new government will be less likely to run into problems once it's intact. I say, good luck to Egypt!

    ReplyDelete