Monday, January 20, 2014

Tripoli news by: Shadden Hashem

               A South Korean trade official was abducted by gunmen in Libya's capital, Tripoli, Yonhap News Agency reported Monday. Yonhap said four unidentified, armed men abducted Han Seok-woo, age 39, when he was heading home from work on Sunday. Han is the head of the Libya unit of the Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency. The gunmen stopped Han's car, and drove westward with him. Their identities of the gunmen and the reason for the abduction are unknown and Han is understood to be unharmed so far.
                Wow this is so strange. I wonder why people would do this for no reason. I hope they find out why it happened soon and I hope Han is okay.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/20/world/africa/libya-south-korea-kidnapping/index.html

2 comments:

  1. I disagree - I don't think that this was done for no reason. On the contrary, I think it was done for very specific reasons, which is why I hope all the more this man is found and safe soon. If Han's work was involved in Libya, then his abductors probably either wanted something from Korea or Libya, or they wanted to make a point about something that's going on between the two countries.

    ReplyDelete