Friday, January 17, 2014

African suicide bomber by Zoey Crummey

This Tuesday in Nigeria a suicide bomber blew up a car at a military base, killing seventeen people. Fifteen vehicles and four motorcycles were destroyed in the explosion. The government sent forces to where the bombing was immediately. This is the most current of the the string of terrorist attacks carried out by an Islamic extremist group. 

I think that this is really scary and I really wish that these terrorist attacks would come to an end, although I know that's an impossible wish. I'm glad that the government responded immediately, although I wish that those innocent people's lives had been saved. 

4 comments:

  1. I also wish terrorism didn't exist. I do believe that we can get to that point, but it'll take a long, LONG time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrorists will never give up. We can do all we can to destroy it or even slow it, but we'll never completely get rid of them. There will always be some crazy individual or group like the al-Qaeda, which stinks, but we still should do all we can to keep them from doing what they do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sucks that those people had to be killed in such a way that they couldn't control. The main goal of bombers is to make a statement and be heard, but if this one was just a suicide it's even more of a shame that he took these people's lives along with his.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is terrible! I wish it didn't exist

    ReplyDelete