Monday, January 20, 2014

Teen Dies of Progeria by Anna Pickett

On Friday, teenager Sam Berns died due to a rare disease called Progeria. Progeria is a disease that causes very quick and early aging. Berns was only 17 when he died. He didn't let his unfortunate situation stop him, though. He once said, "Even though I have many obstacles in my life, I don't want people to feel bad for me."
I think that Berns was very brave. I love how he wanted to live a normal life and didn't want people to feel sorry for him. He was in the marching band at his high school and attended homecoming. He held his head high. Rest in peace, Sam Berns, and prayers out to his loved ones.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/11/us/progeria-sam-berns-dies/index.html?hpt=us_t5

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a weird disease...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw this is sad, i Feel very sorry for this kid, this is such a awful disease.

    ReplyDelete