Sunday, January 26, 2014

Rhino Poachers by Anna Pickett

    Last year, 1,000 black rhinos in South Africa were killed. In Asia, they believe that the rhino's horn can cure many illnesses. Thus, the demand for horns is large. Two years ago, 668 black rhinos were illegally killed, almost half of what it was last year. The black rhino is endangered, so people are trying to take more care of it.
     I wish that there wouldn't be anymore poachers. If any animals have to be killed, there should at least be a control of the amount that are being killed. There shouldn't be anymore killings of the black rhino, since it is endangered. I just think that if an animal absolutely NEEDS to be hunted to be used for medicine (believe me, I don't want any animals to be shot, but if they're needed for medical purposes, I feel like there's a bit of forgiveness), then there should be regulations and more security. (I feel like all this came out weird and I feel like this doesn't accurately show my opinion. Please don't hate me, because you might end up interpreting this some other way! Sorry!)
Source: http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/18/world/africa/south-africa-record-rhinos-poached/index.html?hpt=iaf_c2

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree and get what your saying! These rhinos should protected more and on surveillance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you! If certain types of animals are needed for some resource, the killings should at least be regulated, and no type of poaching is ok. It's illegal so that the animal doesn't become extinct!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, if the horn cures illnesses, it's fine, but there should be regulations since it's endangered... or maybe an alternate cure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at what our world has come to!

    ReplyDelete