Sunday, February 15, 2015

Billionaire Nutella Founder Michele Ferrero Dies by Savannah Boyack

http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/15/news/nutella-ferrero/

Michele Ferrero, the founder and patriarch of the Italian Nutella and Ferrero Rocher empire, died on Saturday, Valentine's Day. He was the richest candyman on the planet which put his wealth at $23.4 billion. Ferrero's father was the one who added hazelnut to chocolate, to make more product, during WWII because of the rationed chocolate. Ferrero products came to the US in 1969 and has since been quite popular. The company is family owned and is now run by Ferrero's son, Giovanni.

I love Nutella!! It's kind of sad, and ironic, that Ferrero had to die on Valentine's Day, a day filled with chocolate. My condolences to the Ferrero family. I'm sure Nutella will keep on selling like crazy and maybe Giovanni will bring some new ideas to the products and business.

2 comments:

  1. Woah that's weird!! Kind of funny that he died on Valentine's Day, but I hope his family is coping alright. Hopefully his son will improve Nutella. I don't eat it really but I'm sure other people would enjoy that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is strange that he died on valentine's day, and I love nutella!

    ReplyDelete