Monday, February 9, 2015

Magna Carta Discovery By: Emma Wall

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/09/europe/magna-carta-kent/index.html

The article above states that a version of the Magna Carta has been found in a small town that goes by the name of Sandwich.  It is a very significant document that it is worth millions of dollars, even though this one is damaged.  The article also discusses that this version of the Magna Carta is one of twelve to be discovered.

I was really surprised by this finding.  Despite the fact that it is damaged, it's worth is insane.  I did not know that there were multiple versions of the Magna Carta, so that was an interesting fact that was brought to my attention.  I found this article to be fascinating.  I really thought it was cool that the document just appeared in a scrapbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment