Monday, January 28, 2013

South African Crocodile Hunt By: Heather McKay

After a flood in South Africa, thousands of crocodiles escaped from a farm. 2,000 have been captured but as many as 10,000 could still be roaming. Rakwena Crocodile Farm is home to near 15,00 crocodiles and the number of crocodiles that initially escaped is unknown.

If I was living in this area I would be very scared!! Officials from the farm have told the public to not try and capture a crocodile by themself, by if it were me I would be too scared to try in te first place! I really hope all the crocodiles are taken back to their home and that everyone stays safe.


Source: http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21200664

2 comments:

  1. This is such a weird occurrence! I would definitely be scared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of so many crocodiles ever roaming about. I honestly wouldn't mind since they're my favorite animal, but everyone should still be careful if they're in or near the area.

    ReplyDelete