Monday, April 14, 2014

Edible book fest by Eleanor E-W

A library hosted an event for kids in which people brought dishes inspired by their favorite book. It helped kids to interact more with the books, and to learn that literature can be fun and interactive. It was a fun gathering with activities as well!

I think this is a really neat idea! I wish my library would have done something like this when I was younger. I think I (and many other kids) would have really enjoyed it. It encourages love of books, and also incorporates delicious food and fun activities!

Source: http://www.news8000.com/news/south-branch-library-hosts-edible-book-fest/25452248?hpt=us_bn9

1 comment:

  1. When I originally saw this, I thought edible paper was involved. Its good to know that the opposite occured, people reading books while eating instead of people eating books.

    ReplyDelete