Monday, April 14, 2014

Google buying drones by Eleanor E-W

Google has recentley purchased Titan, a company that produces high altitude drones. They want to use the drones to connect even more of the world through technology, and to help solve environmental issues like deforestation. This is also interesting because Facebook was looking into buying Titan at one point. Both companies are competing to bring internet to the world.

I think it is interesting that Google is buying drones. I'm not totally going for the 'take-over-the-world-and-connect-everybody" thing. I don't think that the whole world needs to be connected, though some good things could come of it.

Source: http://money.cnn.com/2014/04/14/technology/innovation/google-titan-drone/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

1 comment:

  1. I'm starting to worry about using google. Since they bought drones, I'm a bit skeptical about their said goals.

    ReplyDelete