Sunday, April 6, 2014

Hong Kong neon lights by Zoey Crummey

Hong Kong is famous for it's neon light signs, however recently scientists have been concerned about the environmental and safety problems that they arise. The number of their neon lights have decreased severely, but a museum in Hong Kong is working to preserve the neon lights because they are a part of it's history. Currently many different light bulbs are coming to light, but it won't be the same. 

I think this is sad, but I do think that if they're hurting the environment it's the right thing to do. I do believe that Homg Kong should keep a portion of their neon lights, though. After all it is a part of their culture and history. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. I think they should limit the lights but still be able to keep some of it as it is apart of their culture.

    ReplyDelete