Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sk- earthquake

An earthquake struck off Papua New Guinea's eastern coast with a preliminary magnitude of 7.5. After that, their were many more earthquakes of progressively lower power. An earthquake with a magnitude this high is very dangerous and distructive to land homes and people.

I have a really big fear of earthquakes. I have a fear of the land splitting salary and separating me from someone I love. Fortunately, earthquakes don't do that often. It's more a characteristic of a sink hole. But still the fear these people must have gone through is so sad. Hopefully the quake was well foreseen and the people were given a decent warning. 

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/19/world/asia/papua-new-guinea-quake/index.html?c=asia

1 comment:

  1. I agree - we can only imagine how hard it must be to live in a place where earthquakes can commonly occur, and how difficult it must be for the people who actually live through them, but also how they must build up their lives again only to have them destroyed by another natural disaster. I greatly sympathize with these people, and though there may never be a way to stop the impacts of earthquakes (and it may be dangerous to taunt mother nature), I hope that in years to come we can find out how to accommodate them as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete