Monday, March 20, 2017

Current Event-Ellen Whitehead

Some airplanes flying into the United States will require you to board your electronic devices larger than a phone. This method is supposed to increase security when traveling from other countries. Officials are concerned of attacks caused through electronics, and that the AQAP has been trying to attack airlines for quite a while. This policy is to prevent future possible attacks on US airlines. I feel that this policy is a little bit overreacting because locking up all devices is a little overprotective. However, I can see where the officials are coming from by trying to keep our country safe.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/20/news/companies/middle-east-airline-electronics-ban/index.html

3 comments:

  1. I think in some ways this is a good idea but an other ways I don't really like this idea. Hopefully they can figure the right thing to do, because after all our safety is more important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they can actually trace back attacks to devices larger than a phone then I say go ahead and lock them up, but if there aren't any than they shouldn't take them away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that if it is for the safety of the people, we should allow officials to hold on to our devices. I also think this is a little odd response to what is happening. I am not sure how they will solve this issue, but if it means saving peoples lives and protecting passengers, I will agree with their solution.

    ReplyDelete