Sunday, March 19, 2017

Where Are All The Bees?!?! -Alex Travell

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/16/health/bees-cheerios-campaign-trnd/index.html

Recently, Cheerios pulled their mascot, Buzz, off the boxes. It is unclear to me why they did this, but I'm guessing it's to help convey the severity of the dramatic drop in the bee population. Bees pollinate 35% of the world's food, and many species depend on them. According to the US Fish and Wildlife Service, a bee species in the US was declared endangered.

I knew the bee population was decreasing at an alarming rate, yet I didn't think it would get this bad. I thought something would have already been done about this, yet nothing has changed. I hope someone out there has a plan to turn this whole situation around, for we definitely need bees in this world.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. People have known that they are in danger but it doesn't really feel like anyone is doing anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, I hope they are able to figure this out. Because after all they are very beneficial to our daily lives even though sometimes we might not notice it.

    ReplyDelete