Saturday, March 25, 2017

Jessica Ball Current Events 3/25

Current Events: London Attack
                London police have found the man who committed the deadliest terrorist attack in 12 years. The man is named Khalid Masood, an Islamic extremist, killed four people outside of the House of Parliament. Twenty nine people were sent to the hospital and six remain in critical condition.  An American tourist, a police officer, and two citizens were killed in this attack by car and knife. This has been exclaimed as an attack on democracy, and the Prime Minister Theresa May, has released a statement that terrorism will not put a toll on Britain’s freedoms and values.

                You see stories about terrorist attacks in the new on a fairly common basis now. What I don’t understand is how someone can let one thing influence their life so much to the point of killing people. When I think of religion, I think of it as a guide to help you make good decisions and to be a good person. The American tourist that was killed was on his 25th wedding anniversary with his wife and this whole situation is so heartbreaking. The families of the people that passed are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope nobody else passes from this tragedy.
 http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/23/europe/london-attack/

5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely horrifying, my heart goes out to those still recovering and those in critical condition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many have lost their lives due to the hatred of one person and so many will be traumatized for the rest of their lives. I will keep these families and victims in my prayers. I hope London can remain strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is terrible. I hope in the future we have better security systems to prevent things like this from happening. The victims and their families are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is horrible to hear! The acts of some men... will be the death of us all. I hope everything is okay and that the families of those who died are not in pain and heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! Hopefully London's security has figured out its mistake and improved upon it!

    ReplyDelete