Monday, March 27, 2017

Mall Escalator Reverses - Lauren Rothert

On Saturday, an escalator at a mall in Hong Kong suddenly reversed. The passengers on the escalator were sent tumbling down the steps. Police say the two suspects may have tampered with the machines parts. The suspects are ages 22 and 52, and they are both mechanics for the Otis Elevator Company. They have been charged with obstruction of justice. There have been 18 reported injuries with one serious head trauma. The company is still investigating the situation.

I believe that this is a very serious tragedy. With the level of technology we have now days, I would think this shouldn't have happened. I hope no one was terribly injured, and I hope whoever is responsible for this is punished.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/27/asia/hong-kong-escalator-malfunction-mechanics-arrested/

4 comments:

  1. This is ridiculous. What in their right minds thought this would be a good idea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very tragic and scary. I don't know why anyone would do that to innocent people

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very alarming. I agree this should not be able to happen in this day and age.

    ReplyDelete