Monday, March 6, 2017

Reassigned, Aeva Ramirez2

In Panama City, Fla. an elementary teacher posted on Facebook her opinion on Trump's immigration policies. The teacher expressed her feelings about the immigrants who stayed home from work for a day. She expressed how she was happy for the deportation and that there would be "less mouths to feed." Many parents were unhappy with her post especially considering most of her students were Latino.

Well I usually try to stay away from politics but I seem to be on a role with teachers so.....here yeah go. I believe that everyone has the right to express their own opinion however I think that her opinion was a little harsh especially considering that she teaches to a large minority group. She later took her post down which I'm sure was appreciated. I don't believe it should cost her job like I said people are entitled to their opinions. I only hope she could be mindful of what she says.

http://www.offthegridnews.com/current-events/teacher-reassigned-after-pro-trump-immigration-related-facebook-post/

3 comments:

  1. She really should've thought about what she said if it was open to the public. Yes it's an opinion but there's limitations to them and thinking about other people's feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was okay that she voiced her opinion, but she should have done it in a different way. I agree that she needs to be mindful of way she says or posts especially because she teaches a large minority group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The teacher does have the right to express her opinion as does anyone else. However, it is sometimes best to not say anything and to keep to yourself. She does need to be careful of what she says especially because she is a teacher and parents will disagree. There was definitely disagreements and controversy. I don't think that this action would cost her losing her job. Everyone can have a voice and should voice their opinions. However, you should do it carefully and be mindful of the consequences. No one should restrict you of your beliefs. Just be careful of how and where you say it.

    ReplyDelete