Monday, March 27, 2017

Ellen Whitehead-Current Event

On Friday, an amateur boxer died at age 17 during a match. All safety equipment was in use and the fighter have shown nothing at fault so far. Ed Bilbey collapsed after shaking the hand of his opponent's coach. The doctor at the scene began performing CPR until the paramedics arrived. I think that it is so sad that someone was to die because of boxing. This personally effects me because my brother started boxing and wrestling this year and he enjoys it a lot. This article made me realize the dangers of boxing so I hope he is not considering this as a profession.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2699970-amateur-boxer-ed-bilbey-dies-after-title-fight-at-age-17?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

4 comments:

  1. This is very sad considering he was so young...boxing is a very dangerous sport and some people don't realize how harsh it can get

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really scary because I knew this sport was violent but i never knew it was violent enough to kill someone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So he just collapsed? That's sad that he was so young and had a short lived life. I couldn't imagine that happening to my dad or mom, because they both used to box 3-4 times a week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is crazy that a sport that people do for fun can be so harmful and dangerous.

    ReplyDelete