Monday, February 24, 2014

aid resolution by: Shadden Hashem

               The UN Security Council passed a resolution to boost access for humanitarian aid hoping to ease the suffering of their people. All of the 15 Security Council member states approved the resolution. "But these steps are only first steps. The test is whether the words of the Security Council are matched with the life-saving actions the Syrian people so desperately and urgently need," said Kerry.
               This is awesome. I'm glad they have come to a resolution for this problem.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/22/world/meast/syria-un-aid-resolution/index.html

2 comments:

  1. I agree - this is fantastic! I wrote about the indecisiveness of the UN for my current events article last week, and it's interesting to see this development. I'm glad the UN is working on cooperating, and I hope they can also do some good unlike other times when they haven't stepped in when they needed to. If they've made this step, though, I think they can do that, and maybe we won't need a replacement for the UN Security Council.

    ReplyDelete