Sunday, February 9, 2014

Monkeying Around in Japan-JULIA WOLTJEN

SUMMARY:
As a drill in Japan, a zookeeper dressed up in a gorilla costume and "became loose from the zoo". The emergency team than "tranquilized" their co-worker, wrapped him in a net and loaded him on a truck. These drills are used in Japan to help prepare for an earthquake scenario where the animals become loose and start running amuck!

ANLYSIS:
Personally, yes this is very smart but these workers acted like it was stupid and didn't get into it at all. I'm not looking for a show but I mean if that was for real and an agitated male gorilla was on the loose I really don't think a net would do much. In my personal opinion.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/07/world/asia/japan-zoo-gorilla-suit/index.html?hpt=wo_t3

4 comments:

  1. I have mixed feeling upon this act. I do believe they should have a sort of training to do this, but I don't believe humans should be tranquilized just for this test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think a human can represent an animal in this act. Animals are going to be crazy and almost impossible to catch. A human can be easily outrun and probably isn't taking this all that seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If an earthquake actually happens, there's a good chance that it will be a bit more chaotic than this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This probably isn't the best way to practice, since the animals will probably be crazier than a human.

    ReplyDelete