Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Piles and Piles of Sheep! - Iris Hughey

On Thursday night in Laverton North near Melbourne, a truck carrying nearly 400 sheep was driving on an Australia overpass when it tipped over. It sent the poor animals tumbling down on shocked drivers below. Only one person was hospitalized, but the sheep were not as lucky. Less than 10 of the nearly 400 are expected to survive; animal welfare officials said  the road was littered with dead and dying sheep. "We looked up and we could see the truck flip on its side and then the next minute, we were underneath and yeah, raining sheep doesn't happen everyday," said Kristy Davis, a witness.
I think it's so sad that of the estimated 400 sheep aboard that truck, less than 10 are expected to survive. I also hope that the person who was hospitalized is alright.

Link: http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/01/world/asia/australia-sheep-deaths/index.html

2 comments:

  1. Though tragic, the "yeah, raining sheep doesn't happen everyday", was truly funny, in its own sense.
    (I have a heart, I swear)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awful. I feel so bad for these poor sheep. I wonder how or why the truck tipped over and what we can do to hopefully prevent this in case an accident like this possibly happens again. I always hear about car accidents and things like that, but I have never heard of anything like this before. It just shocks me to know that over 90% of these animals will be dead. I hope nothing like this ever happens again.

    ReplyDelete