Monday, April 22, 2013

Rape of 5-Year-Old Causes Protesting by Madeline Ibarra

A 5 year old girl was abducted in India last Sunday and found in her neighbors house yesterday semiconscious. The little girl was allegedly raped by her neighbor, who is now in custody and will be seen in a court tomorrow. This man will not have the option of bail. The young girl is now recovering in a New Delhi hospital after being found Wednesday on the ground floor of her building. Doctors say that she,"  is stable, conscious and alert". Upon arriving at the hospital, doctors said they,  "had to remove foreign objects, including candle pieces and a small bottle, from the girl's genitals".  This event sparked protest all around India about protection of women and children from incidents such as this. In the past, there have been many similar cases with all kinds of age groups. To this, India's Prime Minister, , Singh said, "The gruesome assault on a little girl a few days back reminds us once again of the need to work collectively to root out this sort of depravity from our society."

Ew. Just why. I can't wrap my mind around how horrible and discussing it is to do something like that to a young and innocent girl! Sure this may happen in America sometimes as well, but in India, this is a constant problem. Hopefully the protesting will push the government so quickly take action to protect the citizens from more problems like this.

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/21/world/asia/india-child-rape/index.html

3 comments:

  1. My article is very similar to this. I feel so strongly about this topic because it is so wrong. I can't even express how much I hate women, especially young girls not being treated right. I don't grasp why this is a reoccurring problem in India. I mean it happens everywhere, but it seems to happen so much more in India, as opposed to other parts of the world. I agree with you, and I hope that the government will take action against this cruel treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote my current event on the same thing. I cannot believe that someone would do something so sick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you imagine how traumatized that 5-year-old is?

    ReplyDelete