Sunday, November 2, 2014

A look inside a "feminsit stripper's" life: Samantha Arthur

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/29/living/antonia-crane-stripper-essay/index.html?hpt=hp_c4

A "feminist stripper" gives CNN a look inside of her world. A world of sexual empowerment and of financial relief. She says that she has plenty of other jobs, including writing, but stripping is her fall back career because it provides her with the most money.

I honestly think that you cannot be a feminist and a stripper. maybe it is possible, but heck, you wont be a very good one. Feminism is about taking pride in the female sexuality and not letting men degrade it for their own pleasure. Even if a woman feels empowered by a man's attention towards her at the moment, it never fills a crave for actual affection. Most women would agree that letting a men look at you as a tramp is not what feminism is about. It's about respecting yourself. This could effect World History by how women begin to view themselves.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you Samantha. I have recently seen a lot of strippers on social media and claim that their job is an reasonable employment. I do not agree. I don't look down upon this, but really only see this as a last resort kind of job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Samantha and Makenzye. It's just my opinion, but I really don't think that being a stripper is a reasonable job.

    ReplyDelete