Sunday, November 16, 2014

Shooting at Minyards by Ayanna Evans

Two men were injured on Wenesday november 12th, outside of a Minyards grocery store located in east oak cliff. Officers responded to a 911 call around 9:45 that night. Names were not given away, but witnesses say that the suspect and the victim got into an argument that took place inside of the store. The men later decided to take it outside where the 2nd victim was met. The suspect then pulled out a handgun and shot both men. One of the victims was able to run back inside for help. The security guard then went outside and tried to shoot at the suspect but her got away in a white van. Police say that it was unclear if he was hurt. Both victims were taken to Baylor hospital and are in stable condition.

These type of events scare me into just staying home. This event really frightened me because I live literally live 2 minutes away from that Minyards store. Thank goodness I was at school when this took place and that I wasn't there. I feel like the securite/police should have broken this up long before it got escalated and taken to outside. I'm also very glad that nobody else was injured and I'm glad that the 2 men are ok. I believe that violence is not the answers to solving amd it NEVER WILL BE!

No comments:

Post a Comment