Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Muslim Cleric shot dead by Deandra Whitmill

Salim Bakari Mwarangi, a vocal critic of Somalia's al-Shabab Islamist group, was shot after evening prayers on Tuesday.Six clerics have been killed in Mombasa since 2012.The BBC's Robert Kiptoo in Mombasa says he had received death threats from those who accused him of being too close to the government."I do not fear for my safety," he had said at his fourth floor flat in the Majengo area of Mombasa."I know they are going to kill me. But I am a true Muslim. I believe I will only die the day Allah has ordained for me to die. Not a moment before, not a moment after."










He wasn't scared to die because he had probably lived his life right up until now. He didn't have anything else to lose , so he had no reason to be scared. 












http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-26958455

No comments:

Post a Comment