Tuesday, November 18, 2014

"'I used to see my dad in my dreams:' Syria's children recall horrors of war" By: Emma Wall

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/18/world/meast/syria-orphans-damon-impact-your-world/index.html?hpt=wo_c2
 In the article an interviewer asks a little girl questions about her loss.  The girl along with a bunch of other children have lost their dads due to sickness or violence.  The girl explains how she used to see her father in her dreams and now she doesn't anymore.  On another note, the girl also states that she saw her father dead at the door when the officials brought him home.  There is an interesting video that goes along with the article.

I personally was devastated when I read this because it is just absolutely awful that these children have to grow up without a parent.  I wish there was a way that I could help out the kids. I hope that these awful deaths come to a stop because it really is devastating.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, it's awful that these kids have to live without their parents. Hopefully the deaths decrease, but there's no real way to stop every parent from dying, even if it leaves kids homeless when they do.

    ReplyDelete